I get asked ALL the time which tools I think are necessary to run a business today. In a day when we all feel like we are getting “97’d to death” each month – we’re all looking for the best automation, tech and tools, while trying to keep costs down.
1. Canva for graphic design and image creation – I and my team use Canva DAILY!!! It is quick, easy, and either free (or cheap)! I use the paid Canva for Work option because I run multiple brands and I want to be able to manage the brands, their fonts, their color palettes – everything in one place. Also, because we use it for creating our social media images, our web buttons and calls to action, our worksheets, and more, I found that the $10/mo was a small price to pay to be able to customize so much to my business!
2. Active Campaign for CRM and Email Automation – I’ve used Infusionsoft for years, but I feel like Infusionsoft has really fallen down on the job in terms of keeping up to date with its competitors. When my husband started adding marketing automation to HIS business about two years ago, I set him up on Active Campaign. It’s easy to use. It has great email marketing automation, but is a fully functioning CRM for coaches and service providers! It’s inexpensive – and is a great solution for a business that needs automation – but still wants to manage their customer experience!
3. Thrive Themes – for web development, landing pages, opt-ins, and web building. For years, I paid for Infusionsoft, Leadpages, Bucket, Deadline Funnel, and other landing page software – in addition to my general website! A couple of years ago, I wanted to streamline services, costs, integrations – everything. I added Thrive Themes and absolutely LOVE it! I use it as my drag and drop web builder. It allowed me to eliminate my lead pages and integrates directly with all my automation!
4. Buffer – for social media management – Buffer is great for saving and scheduling social media posts. They have a free plan, that allows three different social media accounts, that most businesses will find to be adequate. But for only $15/mo, you can upgrade and save to eight social media accounts each month.
5. Zoom – For Client Meetings and Webinars – Because so much of my client interaction is done virtually, Zoom has become an absolute MUST in my business! I use it to record my podcast episodes. I use it for one on one client meetings. I use it for group training calls and mastermind meetings. In just two short years, it has become one of the absolute MUST have pieces in my business!